Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

diffent time to clear the buffer

2502, 6485, 6487 - Support
halloworld

diffent time to clear the buffer

Post by halloworld » September 24th, 2015, 7:02 am

I use LabVIEW to communicate with my device 6482 and have also a SubVI to control it.

So my problem is:
The time to clear the buffer and get the measurement by the same condition is not identical. Furthermore, it depends on the range, how full is the buffer etc.
How can I solve this problem, so that I need for all measurements always the same time?

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: diffent time to clear the buffer

Post by brian.d.smith » September 24th, 2015, 9:44 am

Our instruments are not real-time deterministic systems. There are housekeeping duties that are performed occasionally that cause the instrument to go "offline". These housekeeping duties include keeping track of "zero" which you do not want to turn off if you care about the accuracy of your measurement.

You may achieve greater determinism by eliminating LabView and running a SCPI script directly from your PC. Even then, I suspect that total determinism would not be achieved.

Return to “PicoAmmeters”