Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

6485 Firmware

2502, 6485, 6487 - Support
tommys99

6485 Firmware

Post by tommys99 » July 10th, 2012, 6:50 am

I have firmware C01 but the latest Firmware on the Keithley Webpage that you can get is BO4. However the Software Driver " Keithley I/O Layer version C04 (Windows 7, Vista, XP and Win2K Compatible)" is for firmware C04. Where can I get C04 firmware?

After installing the software driver Keithley I/O Layer version C04 (Windows 7, Vista, XP and Win2K Compatible), I am not able to open it. Keithley Configuration Panel goes unresponsive. I have a windows 7 machine.

I am also trying to get a VI that is able to get me some measurements from the 6485 but no luck. I am using an RS-232.

Thank you for anyhelp

Mark W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 6485 Firmware

Post by Mark W » July 11th, 2012, 8:49 am

The latest firmware for the 6485 is B04, C01 firmware does not exist.

The latest I/O layer SW driver is C04 and should work with B04 firmware.

Please review the release notes for the I/O layer SW here:

http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=52767

When the IVI driver for your measurement instrument is installed, several example programs are also installed.
If LabVIEW is already installed on the target system when the IVI driver is installed, then a subfolder, KE2700 or KE6485, in the National Instruments directory structure will be created. This is typically in the \Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW\instr.lib\. Examples are available in the examples.llb library file.

Mark

Return to “PicoAmmeters”