Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Adding a "large" dc offset to sine waveform in 6221

6220, 6221 Current Sources
ashish.66

Adding a "large" dc offset to sine waveform in 6221

Post by ashish.66 » March 1st, 2016, 9:52 am

Hello,

I am using a KI6221 to apply a sine wave form. How can I apply a large dc offset current to the sine wave? I want to apply an offset in the tens of mA range while keeping the amplitude of the sine wave 100uA or lower. Since the range of the dc offset and the sine wave are different I cannot use the offset option in sine wave config menu. Is there a safe way to hook up another keithley source meter to provide the offset?

Thanks,
Ashish

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Adding a "large" dc offset to sine waveform in 6221

Post by Dale C » March 1st, 2016, 1:36 pm

I was able to output a 100uA wave at 1kHz with a 20mA offset.
1. Press AMPL, set 00.100mA, press ENTER.
2. Press CONFIG,let go then press WAVE.
3. Select OFFS and press ENTER.
4. Enter in 20.00mA, press ENTER, then EXIT.
5.Now press OUTPUT ON.
That should do it.
Trick is to have the output current on a higher range. such like 100uA on the 20mA range as 00.100mA.

arrenio

Re: Adding a "large" dc offset to sine waveform in 6221

Post by arrenio » June 6th, 2018, 8:46 am

Dear Keithley staff. I have the same question reported above. However, I need to add an offset up to 200-500 mA. Briefly, I want to build a setup with a peltier cell and obtain a temperature ramp with superimposed a sinusoidal oscillation. For this latter scope the sine waveform of 100mA amplitude of the Keithley 6221 is perfect, but I wonder how to connect the instrument to the power supply which biases the peltier cell. Thanks a lot for your support.

Return to “Current Sources”