Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

How to Leave Scan Mode

7001, 7002 and Switch Cards
brent_shen

How to Leave Scan Mode

Post by brent_shen » May 11th, 2011, 6:46 am

Hi there,

I successfully perform a scan on 8 channels. However, when the scan process ends and I was gonna measure a single channel (e.g. 102 for vdc), I got error 221 (Setting Conflict) and 215 (Arm Locking). Please tell me how to exit the scan mode back into normal single-shot measurement. Also, I don't like type *RST since some selected relay switches of module 7705 must remain closed. Thanks a lot.

Edited to remove user's email

Sincerely,

Brent Shen

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: How to Leave Scan Mode

Post by Nathan S » May 11th, 2011, 8:47 am

Brent,

Try :ROUT:SCAN:LSEL NONE to halt the scan.

If that does not work, then try:

:SYST:KEY 1
:SYST:KEY 29

This uses system keys to send GPIB commands as if you pressed the SHIFT button (key #1) and then the SCAN button (key #29) which when shift is entered, SCAN becomes HALT as seen on the front panel above the SCAN button.

Hope this helps.

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: How to Leave Scan Mode

Post by Nathan S » July 21st, 2011, 1:18 pm

swapnil147 wrote:in manuel scan mode when i pushed scan button, a "please wait" tumbnail occured, but a few second later it gets lost and dd stops working. i can only exit program with crtl + alt + del.
What is the dd you are referring to and a "please wait" thumbnail occurs where? This sounds like you are referring to a computer program and that you are controlling this remotely. My previous message that the SCAN button turns into HALT during a scan is for Front Panel operation, not during a software controlled scan. If you are controlling remotely through software, the SCPI commands from my message on May 11 should be used.

Return to “7000 Series Switch”