Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

More scans per channel per second

7001, 7002 and Switch Cards
monalisa.smile

More scans per channel per second

Post by monalisa.smile » May 22nd, 2011, 9:57 pm

I'm using the 7001 switch system and 7011 switch card. All of the 40 channels are recording voltages and I want to take 100 data for each channel. What I did was scanning from channel #1 to #40 once and repeated the loop 100 times, but there was a big time step between two scans for each channel, i.e., channel 1 was scanned every 18s rather than 1 sec. I see the trigger time could be 0.001sec, so my query is it possible to scan one channel 100 times per second before it switches to the next channel? I think it will save me quite a lot of time. Thanks a lot!

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: More scans per channel per second

Post by Dale C » May 25th, 2011, 2:24 pm

The 7002 and 7011 card should be able to scan at a top speed of about 100 channels per second.
This does not include any measurement from and external meter.
I would recommend that you set the trigger layer count (channel count on front panel controls) to 400.
This would stay in the bottom layer and would scan all 40 channels 10 times until it reached the channel count of 400.
This would help eliminate the pause between scans.
Hope this helps.

Return to “7000 Series Switch”