Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

issue about 7011 and 7053

7001, 7002 and Switch Cards
3kpuppy

issue about 7011 and 7053

Post by 3kpuppy » November 14th, 2010, 11:46 pm

Dear keithley engineers:

1. I've found the 2010 catalog of keithley's products, with regard to 7011, which has two versions 7011-C and 7011-S, I was just wondering what's the main different between the 2?

Furthermore, whether those two versions cards could be used in both AC and DC mode?

2. As for the high current scanner card 7053, whether it could be used in the AC mode? I've heard somone said that there's one vital parameter for 7053 is "1MHz"(However, I can't find it in either manual or catalog).

So I need to resort to your keithley experts that: whether this 7053 card could be used under AC environment ?

Thanks very much for your kind and prompt reply

regards

Puppy

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: issue about 7011 and 7053

Post by Dale C » November 15th, 2010, 6:11 am

Hello
1. The Model 7011 has two versions.
7011-S which has screw terminal connections. Many individual wires can be directly routed to the screw terminals on the card.
7011-C which a mass terminated connection. A large connector and cable would fit onto this one.

Each of these versions could be used in AC or DC applications.

2. The selector guide in the Keithley 2010 catalog lists 1MHz as the maximum recommended frequency for the Model 7053 high current switch card. It is a current card. This means the paths or shorted until the channels relays are energized. There is no spec or data on the response of amplitude vs frequency.

Here is link to the selector guide.
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=50291

3kpuppy

Post by 3kpuppy » November 15th, 2010, 5:43 pm

Dale C wrote: 2. The selector guide in the Keithley 2010 catalog lists 1MHz as the maximum recommended frequency for the Model 7053 high current switch card. It is a current card. This means the paths or shorted until the channels relays are energized. There is no spec or data on the response of amplitude vs frequency.

Here is link to the selector guide.
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=50291
Hi, thx for your reply first, however, to some extent i still got confused about the parameters listed in the guide book.

1. According to the selector guide, the Maximum current parameter for 7053 is 5A, I'm just wondering whether I could load an AC CURRENT 5A onto 7053 and, simultaneously, make sure the Max power is less than 100VA for the safety reason?

Cos I wanna buy a 7053 under AC measurement mode equipped with 7001, however, I'm afraid whether it could be burnt on condition that I load the maximum AC current 5A onto it?

So I need to make everthing clear in order to avoid potential risk and money waste.

2. With regard to the 1MHz, could I interpret it as the bandwidth as well( for 0-1MHz)? if so, what's the highest signal frequency(regardless of any amplitude) should I pay attention? Just Max 1MHz or other?

Thanks again for your patience and look forward to your kind response.

Your patient answer will be highly appreciated!

Many thanks

Regards

Puppy

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Dale C » November 16th, 2010, 6:34 am

As long as the 5A or 100VA limit is not exceeded then it should be fine. AC or DC just be sure the limit is not exceeded.
the 1MHz is just the max recommended frequency. No damage should occur if you stay within the limits.
But with AC this could be tricky. You know RMS = 0.0707Peak and so on...
Just go through your standard Ohms law and power equations to make sure you do not go over limits.

Return to “7000 Series Switch”