Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Trigger Link Limitations?

7001, 7002 and Switch Cards
angelowong

Trigger Link Limitations?

Post by angelowong » July 7th, 2011, 9:58 am

Hi,
So currently I'd like to take measurements from a sample like so:

1!1-1!10 will be pretty much always closed, except every 10 minutes, it would open all of the slots, and then switch through each of the slots one by one. Once the switching is complete, it will go back into closing all the switches again.

I know how to do a delay on the scan layer such that it will wait say 600 seconds between each scan, but I don't know how to make it so that after each scan, it will close all the switches.

edit: Just a clarification, I want to know if this is possible with a trigger link only and no IEEE or any other way of programming the setup.

Jane S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Trigger Link Limitations?

Post by Jane S » July 13th, 2011, 10:56 am

Yes, this can be configured per your EDIT question.

See sample programs for your reference;

http://www.keithley.com/products/switch ... ownloads#1

angelowong

Re: Trigger Link Limitations?

Post by angelowong » July 13th, 2011, 11:59 am

So in the link you gave me, I downloaded http://www.keithley.com/base_download?dassetid=3642. And in that batch of .txt files, there are a bunch of SCPI commands? So I was just wondering how I would do that sort of progamming via the front panel (since as stated in the previous question I DON'T have a GPIB or any wires other than the trigger link connecting the 6487 and 7002).

Return to “7000 Series Switch”