Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Using two sourcemeter for Vdd- dirty solution

StefanThie

Using two sourcemeter for Vdd- dirty solution

Post by StefanThie » August 11th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Dear all,

I am thinking about a dirty solution to be able to measure the Id for high current MOSFET (here <100A).
General we have a few systems Keithley 2651 only currents up to 20A and Keithley 2612A only max 1A. And we have an old system HP6031A 120A for 7V.
So we idea was to use one of the new systems Keithley 2651 to measure low currents with high accurancy and then switch at a measured current of 5A to the old system and measure the current up to 50/100A. I know this would be a dirty solution, but what do you think?
I am in the moment more concerned about the switching. The switching relays have to withstand 7*120 max = 840W or direct the 2651 can also deliver 2000W max in pulse.
I am thinking only about dc application. So my question is now, do one of you know a good switch/relay?

Cheers

Stefan

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Using two sourcemeter for Vdd- dirty solution

Post by brian.d.smith » August 12th, 2015, 9:31 am

What is your reason for wanting to use a switch? Are you designing a high volume production test?

I have worked with a customer to dial in a 50A test for a multi-dice FET module to plot a family of curves up to 50A.

The hardware connection is tricky and easy to produce erroneous voltage drops that create 200% error.

StefanThie

Post by StefanThie » August 12th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Dear Bryan,

No, not really we are customer of semiconductor products and in order to be able to test some MOSFETs I would like to set up such a system. The problem is that a system for high current and this voltage range would cost 65.000 at least and this will not be budgeted. So I was thinking about the two sourcemeter and using one for low currents and the other for high currents. The switch was only one idea, but I am open for other ideas...

Best regards

Stefan

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by brian.d.smith » August 13th, 2015, 6:46 am

You should talk with Norbert. He is our applications engineer for your region.

StefanThie

Post by StefanThie » August 19th, 2015, 8:35 am

I tried to, is he in holiday?

Return to “Other Switches”