Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Stop acquisition after X counts DPO5k

DPO70000SX, DPO/MSO70000, DPO7000 Series, DPO/MSO5000 Series
mjjc12

Stop acquisition after X counts DPO5k

Post by mjjc12 » September 23rd, 2019, 1:06 am

Hello:

I am trying to figure out if it would be possible to start acquisition and then stop after a number of measurement counts (in stats window) have been met automatically?

For example, I setup pk-pk measurement with statistics on and start acquisition, I want to stop after 1000 counts have been reached. Is there way to do this besides from manually pressing the run/stop button, wait for 1000 counts, then press the stop button? The best I have come up with is to do it with FastFrame segmented mode and setting the event count to 1000, but I am limited by the horizontal window and memory depth so I might not always be able to 1000 counts depending on my horizontal settings.

Also, would there be a way to do this remotely? I haven't found any commands looking through the programming manual.

Regards,
mjjc

Return to “Windows Based Oscilloscopes”