Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

DPO70804 OS restore

DPO70000SX, DPO/MSO70000, DPO7000 Series, DPO/MSO5000 Series
earendil

DPO70804 OS restore

Post by earendil » December 1st, 2019, 11:40 am

Hello,

I purchased a used DPO70804 oscilloscope without a hard disk and without any OS restore media. I also managed to purchase a MSO70000 Series Operating System Windows XP Embedded Recovery Media DVD which I hoped to work with my DPO70804 however I get the following error message when I try to boot from it:

"Starting Acronis Loader... Unable to proceed. A non-To Be Filled By O.E.M. system found. This software can be used only on To Be Filled By O.E.M. computers. Press <Enter> to reboot..."

It's not clear if this means that this software will only work with a specific type of hard disk or it means that this DVD is not compatible with my oscilloscope. In any case I managed to restore the included .TIB file with Acronis True Image 2020 on my PC to a hard drive. I managed to boot from it but unfortunately Windows XP cannot find and install certain drivers (it keeps asking for them, like Video driver, SM Bus, etc). Some of the included Tekronix drivers seems to work though (touchscreen works for example). I also managed to install the firmware (TekScope) to this Windows XP and it even seems to work to a certain extent (I can see some waveforms). However the problem is that the physical knobs doesn't work on my scope.

So my main question is whether my MSO70000 restore media is compatible with my scope? If it isn't compatible then is possible to purchase a pre-imaged hard disk from Tektronix without sending the whole scope back? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just a hobbyist so I won't be able to spend too much money on this project.

P.S.: If anyone can share a working image then I can be reached at erdraugdilATgmailDOTcom.

Return to “Windows Based Oscilloscopes”