Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Initial Test Configurations for low-high resistivity

JB441616

Initial Test Configurations for low-high resistivity

Post by JB441616 » June 11th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Hello, I recently got a set of:
7001 switch with Hall effect Card 7065
2182A nano voltmeter
6220 current source
6485 -

With the devices came a full computer program for running Hall effect measurements and Van der Pauw resistivity.

Are there any specific initial hardware configurations needed to run Hall effect and resistance samples for the photovoltaic thin films.

for instance, i turned on the switch system and the common "select channels" option arose. I figured there must be a way to do it either from the computer so i don't need to manually enter the voltage and current directions every time.
This is for 4 probe measurements.

I also have the 2182A and 6220 connected for delta mode. Would i have to turn that on?

Any advice as to how to connect and run this would be appreciated.

I'm also not entirely sure if my wiring for each of the 4 devices is correct, but am willing to take -.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Initial Test Configurations for low-high resistivity

Post by Dale C » June 11th, 2013, 1:11 pm

I recommend you view the video about Hall effect measurements with Keithley equipment at this link.
http://www.keithley.com/centralized_dis ... etid=55820
I a not sure about the software you mention but the video will show how to connect everything and make a measurement.
The delta mode is usually NOT used for Hall effect measurements.

chris2013

Post by chris2013 » July 25th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Hi Dale

Might I inquire as to why "The delta mode is usually NOT used for Hall effect measurements" as you state above?

Thanks.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Dale C » July 26th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Only because the Delta mode is used for low resistance measurements. It helps reduce/eliminate themal EMFs in the circuit.
Normally Hall Effect is much higher in resistivity and would not benifit from delta mode.

Return to “Hall Measurements”