Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Data acquisition using keithley 2700 model, how to use D i/o

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
srinivasvarma678

Data acquisition using keithley 2700 model, how to use D i/o

Post by srinivasvarma678 » March 22nd, 2014, 2:42 am

sir,
we are trying to control a fan using Limits setting in keithley multimeter 2700 model. we came to know that the instrument gives out 5 digital i/o for alarm and other control. at the rear side of the instrument there is port with Digital I/o where we can get the digital output voltages, but we are unaware of which pin gives digital outputs and which are digital i/o triggering inputs. can u please give the details of 9 pins allotted for digital I/o port, so that we can connect the output to an external controlling element like fan.

expecting a quick response

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Data acquisition using keithley 2700 model, how to use D

Post by Andrea C » March 24th, 2014, 4:04 am

Hello,

Check out the Digital I/O section in Chapter 9 of the 2700 User Manual. Figure 9-2 gives the pin out information for the DB9 connector. And there are several pages of elaboration for how to use the digital outputs. In particular, look at the Sink Mode - controlling external devices section.

Andrea

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”