Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

KUSB-488B and matlab

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
henri.jacobsen.fys

KUSB-488B and matlab

Post by henri.jacobsen.fys » September 26th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Hi

My group recently purchased a KUSB-488B GPIB to USb converter, in order to connect a Keithley 6220 current source and 2182 Voltmeter to a computer.

I installed the drivers for the KUSB-488B, and I can connect to the products using KI-488 diagnostics tool.

However, I would like to be able to perform measurements via matlab. The tmtool of matlab does not find anything when I click "scan for hardware", so it seems that I cannot communicate with the products using matlab.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Norbert W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: KUSB-488B and matlab

Post by Norbert W » September 29th, 2014, 1:22 am

Hello,

looking at the MathWorks Internet site I would assume using NI-VISA in their instrument control toolbox should do the job for you.
Maybe this link can be a starting point for you:
http://www.mathworks.de/de/help/instrum ... rface.html

henri.jacobsen.fys

Post by henri.jacobsen.fys » September 29th, 2014, 9:20 am

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I tried NI-VISA, but with no luck. The issue is that matlab does not seem to realize that a gpib board is connected. Are there any additional drivers needed to communicate through matlab?
I get the following error when trying any visa command:
Unable to create VISA object. The required drivers may not be installed properly.

henri.jacobsen.fys

Post by henri.jacobsen.fys » September 29th, 2014, 11:19 am

Hi again

I managed to find a solution: the drivers are 32-bit and my MATLAB was 64 bit, which apparently caused the problems. Installing MATLAB 32-bit solved the issues.

Henrik

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”