Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

KPCI-3116: unstable working in new PC

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
Coesfeld

KPCI-3116: unstable working in new PC

Post by Coesfeld » November 1st, 2014, 12:48 am

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

we (me and my company) have currently a problem with a KPCI-3116.

One of our customers wanted a new Industrial-PC (19" frame) for his nearly 10 year old machine.

To avoid compatibility-problems we organized a new IPC with new hardware inside but with Windows XP (same OS like in old IPC).

The installation (with original drivers) was done successful, but the software ran directly unstable (aborting with exception or "Blue Screen").

Then I remembered, that I have similar problems in 2007. At that time I contacted german Keithley-support in Munich and they informed me about "Virtual Technology"-option in BIOS and gave me some hints to solve this problems.

Therefore I try to check this settings in the BIOS (Fujitsu D3076-S with INTEL I5, see attachment) of the new IPC and I changed following settings:

- "Virtual Technology" -> disabled
- "Processor cores" -> 1 (default "all")

Then the software runs more stable but not enough stable (sometimes 30 minutes sometimes 6 hours).

What can we do more?

Is the combination KPCI-3116 with new Mainboards generally a problem, which can not be solved satisfactorily?

I am happy about any hint!

Best regards
Peter
Attachments
Manual_D3076-S.pdf
(251.16 KiB) Downloaded 1166 times

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: KPCI-3116: unstable working in new PC

Post by brian.d.smith » November 24th, 2014, 1:16 pm

I looked through our internal information. The only suggestion is that the drivers for the KPCI-3100 family are 32-bit drivers. You are running a 32-bit OS but you are running that OS on a 64-bit processor. That may be your problem. Your problem may be that the processor is much faster if your program has time dependent code.

Our KUSB-3116 product has Win 7 32-bit and 64-bit drivers here

http://www.keithley.com/base_download?dassetid=52622

Coesfeld

Re: KPCI-3116: unstable working in new PC

Post by Coesfeld » November 24th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Hi Brian,

thank you for your response.

Fortunately the program-crashes are very rare. Our customer can do his measurements like before.

Only at intensive "action" with the application-software it can some times happen that the software crashes. But in the moment it is acceptable.

For the future we will never do a comparable exchange of PC again. The risk is too high :-(

Best regards
Peter

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”