Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

KUSB-3108, TestPoint and Temperature Measurements

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
AndrewG

KUSB-3108, TestPoint and Temperature Measurements

Post by AndrewG » February 17th, 2011, 10:05 am

I have been using TestPoint and Keithley data acquisition cards for many years now and recently have a need to measure two thermocouples. I know tha tthe KUSB-3108 device is in fact the DT9805 device from Data Translation, which they sell as a temperature measurement device.

Does anyone have a TestPoint app that shows how I can use the KUSB-3108 device to measure type K thermocouples?

Thanks in advance

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: KUSB-3108, TestPoint and Temperature Measurements

Post by Dale C » February 18th, 2011, 6:03 am

The closest TestPoint example program I could find is for the KUSB-3100 and digital I/O.
It might help get you going in the right direction.
Here is the link..
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=50336

meli142

Re: KUSB-3108, TestPoint and Temperature Measurements

Post by meli142 » December 4th, 2013, 1:16 am

AndrewG wrote:I have been using TestPoint and Keithley data acquisition cards for many years now and recently have a need to measure two thermocouples. I know tha tthe KUSB-3108 device is in fact the DT9805 device from Data Translation, which they sell as a temperature measurement device.

Does anyone have a TestPoint app that shows how I can use the KUSB-3108 device to measure type K thermocouples?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

For C Series I/O modules specifically designed for the measurement of thermocouples, National Instruments offers the NI 9211, NI 9213, and the NI 9214. These modules contain all of the signal conditioning required to measure thermocouples simultaneously. Did you try this ?

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”