Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

KPCI-3160 Driver Links and WIN 7

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
jvincent

KPCI-3160 Driver Links and WIN 7

Post by jvincent » October 19th, 2010, 5:32 am

Devices KPCI-3160 and KPCI-PIO96 both use the DriverLynx library for function calls, both the ActiveX and the DLL function call interface.
Has Keithley already tested this under Windows 7 (32-bit)?
Has Keithley already tested this under Windows 7 (64-bit)?
What software installation instructions can Keithley provide (or suggest) for this configuration under Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)?

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: KPCI-3160 Driver Links and WIN 7

Post by Dale C » October 19th, 2010, 5:38 am

The DriverLINX drivers that we supply for the KPCI-3160 and KPCI-PIO96 support usage in Windows 2000, XP, and Vista. They are 32-bit drivers. These drivers will operate in a Windows 7 32-bit system but NOT in a 64-bit system. Keithley has chosen not to invest in a 64-bit version of the driver due to the ever changing architecture of the PC. We do not feel that the PCI bus will be around for much longer as buses like PCIx or PCI Express are becoming more popular. We do not offer Data Acquisition solutions in this form factor. We also believe that USB-based data acquisition solutions are more in favor due to their ease of installation to any PC, like a notebook or even a netbook. Keithley does offer a 64-bit driver for Windows 7 for our USB-based products.
We have not tested the port95nt.exe file in Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit nor do we offer support for those wishing to use it for Windows XP, Vista or 7. The program was written over 10 years ago when ISA-bus boards were still available. However, being that it is a 32-bit application, it is possible it may work in Win7 32-bit but we can not guarantee its operation.

kwhitefoot

Post by kwhitefoot » March 16th, 2018, 5:57 am

I know this is an old thread but it seems the logical place to start.

I too have to upgrade a data acquisition application to a later version of Windows. In this case Windows 10 64 bit.

It seems that the driver for the KPCI-3160 board doesn't work in Win10 64. At least my experiments trying to use it in a VB.Net application seem to say so.

So my question is:

Is there an alternative to the KPCI-3160 board that would work in Win10 64 bit with .NET and be plug compatible with the KPCI-3160? I really don't want to have to replace the relay board as well because that will be very disruptive to the end user and make it difficult to revert to the current system (an old 32 bit XP machine with a KPCI-3160 and a Keithley-CEC IEEE card).

Ideally the alternative would connect to the PC via USB.

I'd be grateful for any help, including suggestions as to where I might better ask the question.

Stuart M
Keithley
Keithley

Post by Stuart M » March 22nd, 2018, 1:05 pm

For more information on DriverLINX, or to download the latest drivers and software, please visit
Data Translation.

http://www.datatranslation.com

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”