Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

DAS-8 data acquistion

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
coreguy

DAS-8 data acquistion

Post by coreguy » May 9th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Upgrading from an IBM XT, w/2.384MHz bus clock, to Pentium II with ? bus clock; using ISA slot, DOS w/BASICA programming; activating CALL routine to retrieve analog signal and converting to 12-bit data w/DAS8.BIN. There are no address conflicts, and the program has previously worked. The data is being read and converted. However, the problem is: the digital data, instead of accurately reflecting 0-5 volts input:
1. For analog input of anywhere from about .01 to ~2.49 volts (~0 to ~1030 binary value), the conversion result is around 0-10 binary value.
2. For analog input of 2.51 to 5.0 volts (~1030 to 2048 binary value), the conversion result is always 1039 binary value (2.5 volts).
3. For analog input of 2.5 volts, the binary value jumps all over the place.
Thus, I get a conversion result of either very low (case #1), or 2.5 (case #2), or no stability (case #3). There is no accurate scaling. Is this related to binary offset, clock speed and sample timing, etc. ? Thanks for any suggestions (and no, I won't go back to an XT, even if I could find one).

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: DAS-8 data acquistion

Post by Dale C » May 16th, 2011, 4:25 pm

The DAS-8 has been obsolete for several years. The only support is on the web site.
This unit is no longer serviced either.
Here is the link,
http://www.keithley.com/support/keidoc_ ... m_type=All
Hope this helps.

lfabbri67

Post by lfabbri67 » November 17th, 2014, 5:55 am

I need help.

several years ago, we installed a DAS-08 board on windows 98 PC, but after reformatting, we aren't able to manage the board because error driver device.
When we try to install the driverLINX application, downloaded from your website, we are requested of the serial number but I don't find the original package, so I'm not able to insert the right serial number.
Where can I find the serial number on the board?
Is there the possibility to introduce, during the installation, an universal serial number?

thank you

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » November 17th, 2014, 8:15 am

Hello,

The DriverLINX driver download for the DAS-8 contains a SERIAL_NUMBER.txt file that should give you the information you need to install the driver software.

DriverLINX Driver:
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=5333

All support assets:
http://www.keithley.com/support/keidoc_ ... m_type=All

Andrea

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”