Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley 2602 for cyclic voltammetry

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
Filooo

Keithley 2602 for cyclic voltammetry

Post by Filooo » August 7th, 2013, 10:39 am

Hi, i'm a beginner in Labview.
I'm trying to set a Keithley 2602 as a potentiostat for cyclic voltammetry.
I generate a triangular waveform from 0, to potential 1, to potential 2 and then go back to zero. This waveform depends of frequency and scan rate
I want to input this waform on the keithley. i'm used to "DAQmx write", daqmx timing and daqmx read. Are there equivalent drivers in which we can input rate, waveform.
Thank you for your answers

Philippe D.

RaymondR
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Keithley 2602 for cyclic voltammetry

Post by RaymondR » August 8th, 2013, 11:42 am

Hi Filooo,

Are you using a 2602, 2602A, or a 2602B?

We do have LabVIEW drivers for all three instruments. You will have to set up a voltage list sweep and input the voltage points comprising your waveform. The number of points depends on how closely you want the output to linearly ramp. The timing will be controlled by the sweep delay.

Here are the 2602B Native LabVIEW drivers: https://www.keithley.com/support/keidoc ... are+Driver.
Here are the 2602A Native LabVIEW drivers: https://www.keithley.com/support/keidoc ... are+Driver.
Here are the 2602 Native LabVIEW drivers:www.keithley.com/support/keidoc_searchr ... are+Driver

(Sorry, there can only be two URLs in a post, you will have to copy and paste that third one)

The 2602 will work slightly different. It does not have a trigger model so each point will have to be manually updated. Timing concerns may require a script to be written and stored on the 2602 and later called from LabVIEW.

Please refer to the Reference Manual for your instrument for more details on setting up sweeps.

Regards,
RaymondR

Filooo

Post by Filooo » August 9th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Hi Raymond, thank you for your answer.
I'm using a 2602a. The aim of the program is to input a ramp voltage between working and counter electrode and to measure the current (channel A), and, in parallel, measuring the potential between working and reference electrode (channel B).
There is my Labview program in attachment.
Inputting voltage of the waveform is working but what I also wan't to do is to control time between each ramp voltage input for slow scan
(for fast scan i will be limited by the sweep delay as you precise)
For example with parameters :
- initial/final potential =0
- Eswip1 = 1
- Eswip2 = -1
- scanrate =0.1
- input rate = 1Hz
I should input 40 sample in 40 seconds with a 1 second delay between each input.
How can i do that? As you can see I've tried to put a "config timer" linked to the rate but I think my connections are wrong somewhere
Thank you for your help

Regards,

Philippe D
Attachments
triangular wave generator.vi
subVI waveform generator
(53.57 KiB) Downloaded 1213 times
CV.vi
main prog
(114.26 KiB) Downloaded 1249 times

Filooo

Post by Filooo » August 12th, 2013, 6:47 am

Finally, for maximal resolution, I'll work close to the sweep delay so the input rate will be fixed near to 1/(sweep delay).
If I've well understand I can set the NPLC to a lower value to increase the sweep rate. I'll try that and let you know what happen :)

Raghu R
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Raghu R » September 4th, 2018, 8:48 pm

Hi Filoo,

Were you bale to successfully use your LabVIEW Script with 2602A for Cyclic Voltammerty application.
Did you use both the channels A and B to source the voltage and measure current and plot curve.
One of the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi user is trying to emulate your application.

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”