MSO 58 can't save inverted

DPO/MSO/MDO4000 Series, DPO/MSO/MDO/TDS/THS3000 Series, DPO/MSO/TDS/TPS2000 Series, TBS/TBA1000 Series
Teknishun

MSO 58 can't save inverted

Post by Teknishun » October 10th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Hello, Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. On most tek scopes I'm able to view on screen with black background but save with inverted or "ink saver" option. On the MSO 58 I cannot find this option, I must view with white background (not preferred) to save with white background. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Teknishun

Jeffrey M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: MSO 58 can't save inverted

Post by Jeffrey M » October 17th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Hi Teknishun,

Unfortunately, there's no emulation of the InkSaver option on the 5 Series. Like you noticed, there is instead an option to invert the view from the front panel.

There are a couple of workarounds you could use to view with a dark background, but get screen captures with a light background. The simplest method would be to invert the images manually on a PC. This can be done with most image editing software, including Microsoft Paint.

You could also write a script for automatically inverting the screen, saving a capture, then reverting the inversion. The programmer's manual provides commands for this: https://www.tek.com/oscilloscope/5-seri ... l/5-series

Using the DISplay:COLors INVERTed and SAVe:IMAGe commands, you could create a one-button script that performs this operation over a VISA connection.

Teknishun

Post by Teknishun » November 2nd, 2017, 11:24 am

Thanks. Can this be added to the feature request list?

Jeffrey M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Jeffrey M » November 2nd, 2017, 12:39 pm

Absolutely! I'll add it to our tracked feature request system. Since this is coming in through the forum, it's anonymous, but normally requests from customers are treated more seriously. If you send an email to quality@tektronix.com or tech.support@tektronix.com with your contact information and a description of the request, we can generate a customer request.

Return to “Non- Windows Based Oscilloscopes”