Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

MDO4034C Printer Configuration

DPO/MSO/MDO4000 Series, DPO/MSO/MDO/TDS/THS3000 Series, DPO/MSO/TDS/TPS2000 Series, TBS/TBA1000 Series
tfinks

MDO4034C Printer Configuration

Post by tfinks » January 3rd, 2019, 12:09 pm

I have been unable to successfully print a screen image from my oscilloscope.

I have configured a network printer, an email printer, and shared printers. All to no avail. The email printer configuration does not return a failure message, but nothing prints. Tests from my workstation email client are successful. Network and shared configurations all fail for "no response from printer."

My network printer is an HP 7612.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

tfinks

Re: MDO4034C Printer Configuration

Post by tfinks » January 3rd, 2019, 1:03 pm

I configured the oscilloscope to send an email to my usual account. The email contains a thumbnail image and a .JPG attachment. If I forward this email to the printer (using email), the attached image prints, but is only about 4.5" X 3.25".

But if I send an email directly from the oscilloscope to the printer, nothing prints, and I do not receive a confirmation email.

Further, my email client will not display the attached image unless I download the file, and subsequently open the download.

If I attach the downloaded file to a new email, and send that to the printer email address, the image prints at a 4.5" X 3.25", and I receive a confirmation email.

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by David N » January 4th, 2019, 2:36 pm

You may need some type of server between the scope and printer. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Ma ... r_Protocol.

tfinks

Post by tfinks » January 8th, 2019, 4:23 pm

I suspect that some printers simply are not compatible with non-windows oscilloscopes. In the windows-based case, one can install the printer driver, of course.

I have been unable to completely solve my problem, but I have instituted a work-around:

I use the Save button to save a screenshot to a chosen directory. Prior to this, I run a PowerShell script on my desktop machine that monitors the directory for new .PNG files. When new file arrives, the script uses IrfanView, a free graphics tool, to invert and print the image.

So it's a one-button affair, the tools are free, and the print happens quick.

Anyone know what sort of printers can be successfully used with the MDO4034C over a network?

Return to “Non- Windows Based Oscilloscopes”