Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

MSO4104B-L Front Panel Buttons Non-Responsive

DPO/MSO/MDO4000 Series, DPO/MSO/MDO/TDS/THS3000 Series, DPO/MSO/TDS/TPS2000 Series, TBS/TBA1000 Series
oo0oo0oo0oo7

MSO4104B-L Front Panel Buttons Non-Responsive

Post by oo0oo0oo0oo7 » January 30th, 2019, 11:40 am

My MSO4104B-L Oscilloscope has a problem where none of the scope's front panel buttons respond to being pressed. The scope turns on when the AC cord is plugged and not when the power button is pressed. It passes the test on power-up. The LCD and the probes are functioning.

The scope does not have any light indicator on the power button, but the other ones are emitted as per usual.

I looked into the front panel board and main board and there were no obvious hardware issues or their connections.

I have tried to force install the same firmware and the problem still persists. I have access to VISA and can write commands to the scope successfully. I ran the self test and the following things failed:

Acquisition
Front Panel

Before I send this in for repairs, has anyone had a similar problem and a solution they can share? Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Non- Windows Based Oscilloscopes”