Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TBS2104 cursors report incorrect value

DPO/MSO/MDO4000 Series, DPO/MSO/MDO/TDS/THS3000 Series, DPO/MSO/TDS/TPS2000 Series, TBS/TBA1000 Series
tpiepho

TBS2104 cursors report incorrect value

Post by tpiepho » February 7th, 2019, 3:59 pm

The vertical cursors don't seem to report the correct value of the waveform under them.
Here's a screenshot that shows this.
lxiprntscrn.png.jpg
lxiprntscrn.png.jpg (61.26 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
The tick mark on the cursors is no where near the waveform. The value reported on the left cursor, 975 mV, is wrong too, matching the tick mark. It should be about 2.25 V. Moving the cursors does move the ticks, but they are basically always wrong. If they do line up, it would appear to just be chance.<br/>

Firmware version 1.26.0.

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: TBS2104 cursors report incorrect value

Post by David N » February 8th, 2019, 10:03 am

If you turn off all the on screen measurements, does the vertical cursors then report/show correct values?

tpiepho

Post by tpiepho » February 8th, 2019, 11:03 am

No, still broken. Not as obvious in this screen shot, but clearly off.
brokencursor2.jpg
brokencursor2.jpg (69.84 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
The one on the left is clearly off. It should be about 2.2V, not 2.35V. Here it is zoomed in more:
brokencursorzoom.jpg
brokencursorzoom.jpg (57.56 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Also I see that no only does it not match the displayed waveform (should be 2.2V), but the the tick doesn't match the value reported for the tick It says 2.35 V but the tick is more like 2.4V. It should be about pixel lower, half way between the two minor ticks on the graticule. Or perhaps the graticule is off?

Is there a way to get a PNG screen shot via the web interface? While the link for the image is http://tbs2104-xxx/run/lxiprntscrn.png, with a png on the end, it's NOT a png, it's a jpg. It would look a lot cleaner with less compression noise if it was a png. I'm not interested in moving a USB drive back and forth to get screen shots. I didn't have to do that with Tek scopes from 16 years ago!

tpiepho

Post by tpiepho » April 10th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Any follow up on this?

It seems like kind of big deal to me that the scope is returning incorrect data. Is this a test instrument or a toy?

Return to “Non- Windows Based Oscilloscopes”