Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TCP202 + MDO4054C trigger on current level

DPO/MSO/MDO4000 Series, DPO/MSO/MDO/TDS/THS3000 Series, DPO/MSO/TDS/TPS2000 Series, TBS/TBA1000 Series
IanJeffray

TCP202 + MDO4054C trigger on current level

Post by IanJeffray » May 30th, 2020, 8:08 am

I have a TCP202 current probe, connected via a TPA-BNC interface to an MDO4054C. I'd like to trigger on current level, but whilst everything appears set up fine, no matter what I do it will not trigger from a current source. Should I be doing anything special with trigger setup just because it's a current probe?

w2aew
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: TCP202 + MDO4054C trigger on current level

Post by w2aew » May 30th, 2020, 7:47 pm

If the scope and probe are working properly, you should be able to trigger on the current measured by the current probe. In order to help, if you can provide the following, it will help to see what the problem is:
- screen shot showing the channel menu (vertical menu) for the channel with the TCP202 connected.
- screen shot showing the Trigger menu settings
- description of what you "expect" the current waveform to be doing.
- possibly a .setup file from the scope.

IanJeffray

Re: TCP202 + MDO4054C trigger on current level

Post by IanJeffray » June 3rd, 2020, 1:31 am

I have found a solution to this problem. When the scope is on the 500mA/div scale, I cannot trigger from a current probe, but if I drop to 100mA scale, the trigger works as expected. I have not had time to determine if the 500mA.div scale is always faulty, or if it's related to the signal level. This appears to be yet another thing to add to the long list of bugs in the MDO4054C firmware that will never be fixed.

Return to “Non- Windows Based Oscilloscopes”