Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TDS8000 Serial Number Reverts to B000000

DSA8300, DSA8200
LivingstonE

TDS8000 Serial Number Reverts to B000000

Post by LivingstonE » April 13th, 2020, 9:07 pm

The NVRAM and PC battery on My TDS8000 running windows 98 died. To fix those I inserted new battery in the PC motherboard, and also replace the entire NVRAM on the Power PC Board (PPC), and also included a new battery. I connected to the instrument through the serial port and changed the settings.

Once I was able to boot it properly I noticed that the system performed perfectly. It even remembered the last calibration information. I have no idea where that was stored, since I also installed a new hard drive. It also appeared the calibration constants were stored too, as there are no power-up errors. Anyway, the instrument is now showing the serial number as B000000, which is obviously not what the serial number should be. The total operating hours, and the number of power-ups have also been reset to zero.

Question, how do you change the serial number on the instrument to what it should be??

The serial port output is flawless. See settings below.
boot device : sm
processor number : 0
host name : host
file name : c:\progra~1\tdscsa~1\firmware\vxworks.st
inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.0.2:ffffff00
inet on backplane (b): 192.168.0.2:ffffff00
host inet (h) : 192.168.0.1
gateway inet (g) : 192.168.0.2
user (u) : anonymous
ftp password (pw) : anonymous
flags (f) : 0x1008
target name (tn) : target