Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Can AFG3022B generate square wave with different off time?

cygoh123

Can AFG3022B generate square wave with different off time?

Post by cygoh123 » July 14th, 2020, 2:10 am

I'm using Tektronix AFG3022B dual channel arbitrary/function generator. I'm trying to generate a digital square wave to trigger on device on and off. I'm able to generate square wave with fix on and off timing. But is it possible to generate a arbitrary square wave with different off timing? E.g I need my device to on 8s then off for 1s, again on for 8s and off for 2s...etc.Each time the off time will change from 1s to 8s. The on time always the same.
Attachments
waveform.JPG
waveform.JPG (46.59 KiB) Viewed 87 times

w2aew
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Can AFG3022B generate square wave with different off time?

Post by w2aew » July 14th, 2020, 11:53 am

Yes, this can be done a couple of ways.

Using a single channel, you an load a custom ARB waveform that has this pattern and play it.

Using both channels, you can setup the 8s pulse on CH1 and then put it in Burst Mode (1 cycle) with external trigger, and then use CH2 to create a square wave with an appropriate frequency sweep and use this to trigger the 1-cycle burst on CH1.

Return to “AFG1000/2000/3000 series”