Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AFG3102 flashes on power up

mjgraham

AFG3102 flashes on power up

Post by mjgraham » October 24th, 2013, 6:08 am

We have had this generator in use for some time, this last round it had been on a week solid, no adverse temperature or anything noticed that one day all the LEDs and the display were flashing at about a 10Hz rate, I first suspected a power supply, I removed the cover and probed the outputs and saw that they were dropping out at the same rate as the flashing so I removed it completely and then tested it and it acted to operate properly, I did not load the outputs but when re assembling it there was no effect on fixing it. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this failure and what it was. I don't care to change parts if I know which ones to order. Thanks for any info on this matter.
Jarrid Graham

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: AFG3102 flashes on power up

Post by David N » March 13th, 2014, 12:14 pm

I suspect that the power supply is not functioning correctly. In the service manual there is a troubleshooting guide you can follow on page 136 of the .pdf. You can download the service manual from Tek.com by searching for 071164005.

mjgraham

Post by mjgraham » November 25th, 2015, 6:05 am

Thanks, years later when I think to check this :) What I need to know is someplace to send this unit, while I can change stuff , sending it off might be best.
Thanks gain and this time I will check back sooner.

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by David N » November 25th, 2015, 8:36 am

If you would like to have your unit repaired, you can submit a request for service on Tek.com under the "Services & Support" tab and then click on "Repair Services" or call 1-800-835-9200 prompt 2.

Return to “AFG1000/2000/3000 series”