Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AFG1022 block transfer issue and counter readout

viehhaus

AFG1022 block transfer issue and counter readout

Post by viehhaus » May 12th, 2018, 8:01 am

Hello,

I am evaluating the 1022 for our student lab and for that I need to see whether it can be controlled by LabView. In that process I ran into the following issue: The "Create Arbitrary Waveform" VI which comes with the official Labview software for that box is ferociously slow and basically useless for large waveforms, because it uses an individual VISA write for every single datapoint. I have therefore written a VI to do a block transfer using the "data:data emem" command with VISA write, but there seems to be a problem with the block transfer: The data in memory for any of the subsequent data points never goes below the value of the first data point. Any point with a value larger than the value of the first point will be ok. So, if I set the first point to 0, then the whole waveform transfers correctly, if I set it to 16383 then the whole block in memory will be at 16383, no matter what data I transfer subsequently. I checked my code repeatedly and I think it's sending the correct data, and I cannot believe that this is a feature of the AWG. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Also, I have nowhere seen instructions on how to read out the counter on this box via LabView or Visa. Any help would on this would be appreciated.

Best regards, georg

Return to “AFG1000/2000/3000 series”