Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Arbitrary block transfer to AWG5208 fails

h.flemming

Arbitrary block transfer to AWG5208 fails

Post by h.flemming » August 26th, 2021, 9:08 am

Hello,

I want to create text files with a C++ software on an AWG5208 harddisk via the LAN interface with a raw socket connection. Therefor I want to use the mmem:data command but I recognised that this does not work.
The text file I want to upload has a size of 15360 characters and the command my software generates is

Code: Select all

mmem:data "DCVar",#515360
directly followed by the file characters.

With "syst:err?" I get the error message: -161,"Invalid block data;Premature termination.
After some more tries I recognised that the command works as long as I send a single line but I get this error as soon as the data block contains a line feed (ASCII 10).

Has anyone an idea what I am doing wrong?

best regards,

Holger

inaki5

Re: Arbitrary block transfer to AWG5208 fails

Post by inaki5 » October 5th, 2021, 4:56 pm

I have experienced the exact same problem. And I believe i have found the problem (although not the solution). When using raw socket binary blocks of data cannot be transferred from or to your PC. The transaction finish prematurely when a zero is found. This problem occurs not only on your instrument but in others like MDO scopes as well. I believe it has something to do with Telnet server, because usually this one is listening on the same port configured for sockets, and Telnet does not like zeros on the data. Even if your protocol is NONE (i.e.not Terminal) and even if you change the default port. The effect is worse than expected because when this happens part of the data that was not sent on time is still waiting to be sent from the instrument to your pc and this will cause new problems when you try to connect again and send new commands. I dont know if this problem can be fixed, perhaps with a diferent configuration?

Return to “AWG5000/7000/70000 Series”