Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Probe power supply for TekVPI probe

Raptrick

Probe power supply for TekVPI probe

Post by Raptrick » January 9th, 2015, 3:11 am

Dear all

I'm looking for a low voltage high speed differential probe. I want to use this probe not only for our DPO4000 scope which possesses a TekVPI interface but also for our older scopes and our Agilent network/spectrum analyser. I can find differential probes with TekVPI and TekProbeL2 interfaces. For the TekprobeL2 interfaces you can buy an external powersupply (1103) and a TekprobeL2-to-TekVPI adapter. But if I decide to buy a differential probe with a TekVPI interface, is there any external powersupply for TekVPI available??

Patrick

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Probe power supply for TekVPI probe

Post by David N » January 9th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Tektronix does not offer a power supply, like the 1103, that will directly power the Tektronix VPI probes.

One solution is to use a P6248, P6247 or P6246 (TekProbe II interface) and use the TPA-BNC adapter to attach those probes to your DPO4000. You can then use the 1103 to power and connect those probes to other oscilloscopes.

Return to “Other or Discontinued Probes”