Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2440 CCD failure

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor posts in this area.
bstascheit

2440 CCD failure

Post by bstascheit » July 31st, 2022, 2:24 pm

My most beloved 2440 recently stopped working at short horizontal rates. It started with seeing spikes in the displayed curves when going below 1µs/div and ended up with a self test fail saying CCD failure. I searched the net and found quite some comments from others facing similar same issue.
I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g_nBs9fSM that talks about checking clock signals on Q460. I checked on mine and found that indeed at 100ns/div the clock is gone.
I tried to understand the issue by looking at the schematic, but when checking the service manuals I have I found that there is no schematic that includes Q460. Parts of the A10 board are not shown in the servie manual's schematic section. May be I am blind but I need to ask whether anyone has a complete set of schematic for the A10 board that can be shard with me.
And I'd also like to ask whether anyone faces/faced a similar failure on its 2440.

Regards,
Bernhard

greenhillHW

Re: 2440 CCD failure

Post by greenhillHW » August 5th, 2022, 3:07 pm

Greetings bstascheit,
Here are the 2440 service manual pages which cover Q460, the output of which drives CCD/Clock Driver chips U350 (ch2) and U450 (ch1).
The base of Q460 is driven from U470 on the first schematic page.

2440 Oscilloscope Service Manual CCD Clock.pdf
(476.09 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

I am working on a Tek 2432 which is also having CCD 7000 test failure issues. On my scope, ch2 is very noisy with 1 - 3 divisions of noise.
Ch1 is almost normal, but noisier than a Tek 2430 and 2440 I've used in the past.

Return to “Other or Discontinued Oscilloscopes”