Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

CRT tektronix 2235 incident

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor posts in this area.
Coalfer

CRT tektronix 2235 incident

Post by Coalfer » April 10th, 2018, 9:19 am

Hi there
This is the first time that I'm posting here; (from France.)
I recently bought an old oscilloscope Tektronix 2235, unfortunately it broke down; B sweep didn't worked.
So I decided to open it, but when I removed the instrument out of the cabinet the CRT goes out a little because I unfortunately removed the two front screws. This made the four pins H et V deviation on the CRT to be bent. After fixing them and put the power on; there had been a continuous noise I believe from the 3 glow lamps, connected at grid and cathode, that glowed strongly. (It was not the CRT that broke causing the air entered)

Then I totally remove the CRT: checked all voltages: OK, no noise any more and glow lamps quiet.
It seems like the CRT is out of order. Is it possible that the unfortunate incident had caused this problem?

Or maybe the issue is elsewhere? not the CRT?
Schémalim.jpg
power supply and crt
Schémalim.jpg (73.24 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
Thank you for your assistance.

Coalfer

Re: CRT tektronix 2235 incident

Post by Coalfer » May 10th, 2018, 10:34 am

hi there
the CRT was out of order
I have put an other one, it seems to be OK
None the less the oscilloscope does not work. :mrgreen:
I will post an other topic