Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

THS720 display

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor posts in this area.
mdiack

THS720 display

Post by mdiack » April 27th, 2018, 3:58 pm

After a year or so of sitting unused, I pulled out my THS720 for a job. Found there was a roughly circular area occupying over 50% of the centre of the screen which was indistinct and unreadable. There was no physical damage to the screen. Found this could be delamination of the polariser layers but on dismantling, this was not the case - the bad area was within the actual LCD sandwich. Clearly a new display was needed. There are various Ebay vendors offering replacement screens so I bought one. What I received was an LM32P101, not an LM32P10. This did not work, I just got a plain grey screen. Verified signals through the ribbon cable were still good by subbing in the old screen. Anyone know if this is simply a bad screen or if the 10 and 101 are incompatible.
Thanks
Mike

Return to “Other or Discontinued Oscilloscopes”