Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Tek 475 Oscilloscope

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor posts in this area.
tomcat

Tek 475 Oscilloscope

Post by tomcat » August 1st, 2018, 10:46 am

I am an old TEK calibration/repair guy from the 1970's 1980's. I recently - up a fairly rotten TEK 475 that I am attempting to restore.
After rebuilding the main power supplies, I have operation with voltage/ ripple within spec. I find two additional problems, (there may be more), but I find the CHOP function doesn't work, and I cannot position the crt spot in XY mode. I have not given the second problem any looks yet but find that the
chop logic is not getting a -5.7v signal and therefore the 2mhz chop oscillator is not energizing and not working. I don't know if the problem is the chop switch or the -5.7 power supply so I would like to find out the source of the -5.7v. I have checked the 7400's. If anyone has any advice on the XY problem I would also like to hear on that as I haven't yet given any attention to it. I love shortcuts!...lol. Generally TEKset up a plurality of little isolated voltage sources, and I am wondering if a bad cap lurks somewhere....Thanks in advance!!

Return to “Other or Discontinued Oscilloscopes”