Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Can I empty the fast frame memory continually to pc

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor posts in this area.
TryAnotherUserName

Can I empty the fast frame memory continually to pc

Post by TryAnotherUserName » October 17th, 2018, 1:55 pm

I want to record allot of events with the Fast Frame mode. However the memory is not enough for all the frames so I would like to empty the oscilloscope memory to my PC continually while not missing any events. Is this possible?

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Can I empty the fast frame memory continually to pc

Post by Dave W » October 26th, 2018, 8:36 am

No, continuous memory dumping to the PC is not possible. You will need to wait until all the frames are full and the acquisition stops, then you can transfer the data to the PC and start another acquisition. Fast Frame works by segmenting the high speed acquisition memory into Frames. Each time a trigger occurs, the next Frame is filled. This acquisition memory is not the same as system memory and the system does not have access to any of this data until the acquisition is complete. In short, you will always have to pause between acquisitions to transfer the data to PC.

TryAnotherUserName

Re: Can I empty the fast frame memory continually to pc

Post by TryAnotherUserName » January 31st, 2019, 12:26 pm

too bad... can you recommend something else that could help me?

Return to “Other or Discontinued Oscilloscopes”