Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AFG3022 output toggle digitally - programming

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
mattb5906

AFG3022 output toggle digitally - programming

Post by mattb5906 » February 20th, 2012, 1:34 am

Hi,

Using the programming commands, is there any way to toggle the output on/off digitaly, rather than using the generators output relays each time? i.e. not using OUTPut1:STATe ON/OFF.

The only solution I have found so far is setting it to continuous mode when I want the outputs to be on and then setting to burst mode with a signle cycle when I want the outputs to be off. There's got to be a more elegant solution than this???

Thanks,
Matt

Carl M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: AFG3022 output toggle digitally - programming

Post by Carl M » February 21st, 2012, 6:09 pm

there is a run mode burst-gate but it requires an external trigger signal and cannot be triggered via programmatic interface.
you could connect ch2 to the trigger input with a continuous pulse that you can adjust programmaticly while operating ch1 in burst-gate.
if you know how long you need you can just calculate the number of cycles you need and use run mode burst-n and *trg commands.
Tektronix Application Engineer

mattb5906

Re: AFG3022 output toggle digitally - programming

Post by mattb5906 » February 27th, 2012, 6:04 am

Thanks for the info Buck.
Unfortunately I use both channels already.
In my application I need the burst time to change in realtime. If the user 'injects' a target while another target is already present I would need to cancel the current N cycles and start another N cycles going.
I will continue with the current method for now.

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”