Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AWG2020 Calibration Errors

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
cbath

AWG2020 Calibration Errors

Post by cbath » May 21st, 2013, 6:24 pm

Does anyone know what the following calibration errors mean on a AWG2020?

DC CH1 Failed 111
AC CH1 failed 210
AC CH2 failed 430

All other diagnostic tests pass, but there is no hint in the AWG2021 manual as to what these error codes mean and I don't have the AWG2020 manual.

Thanks,

Chris

cap

Re: AWG2020 Calibration Errors

Post by cap » May 22nd, 2013, 3:35 pm

Hello,

Like the early 1st and 2nd generation TDS500/600 scopes these have terrible electrolytic SMD caps that simply must be replaced, boards washed etc. It does not matter how good these caps look to the eye. Untill that is accomplished, I don't think error codes are that relivent, as some or maybe all might go away. If it is the caps, it will only get worse if you keep turning it on with the old caps, and then there will be that little wiff of smoke. cap

cbath

Post by cbath » May 23rd, 2013, 5:20 am

Thanks, I should have mentioned that I had just replaced all the bad SMD caps with new ones as they had leaked. I also cleaned all the boards and repaired a couple of tracks damaged due to the leaking electrolyte as the unit would not initially power on. The issue mentioned below is what remains after this process had been carried out.

The output boards were not badly effected by the caps and the A to D boards for each channel were totally uneffected by the cap issue. I doubt if the calibration failures reported now relate to the capacitor issue as I had thoughly checked and restored these boards.

Do the relays on the output board have the potential to cause calibration issues? I have come accross this in the TDS series causing those units to fail SPC? I am thinking that these relays will control gain and attenuation factors.

danpoarch

Post by danpoarch » July 2nd, 2014, 11:20 am

For what it's worth, I have the AWG2021 service manual. I too have an AWG2020 that is about to be repaired by me. Here's what I found in the service manual pertaining to Calibration Error Codes (different from self-test error codes):

"If the calibration displays Fail as the the result, use the instructions in Section 6, Troubleshooting, to identify the faulty module. If an error code is displayed, contact your nearest representative."

I will assume this is what you found as well. I fear that once I'm finished washing and recapping that I'll see the same/similar.

Any "nearest representatives" that want to chime in?

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”