Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Time to import .wfm file - AWG5014c

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
mdschroer

Time to import .wfm file - AWG5014c

Post by mdschroer » August 7th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Hi,

My typical usage case for my AWG5014c involves loading a long sequence of waveforms and stepping through each, while measuring the response of a system to these waveforms. In order to vary two waveform parameters I find myself wanting to quickly load multiple sequences of waveforms. This process often ends up being the rate limiting step in the measurements I am trying to perform.

I have worked to optimize the total throughput. My current workflow is:

1) build .wfm files on the host computer - a separate file for each of 100-200 different waveforms
2) copy the files over to the AWG via a Gbit lan connection
3) send a SCPI command to the AWG to tell it to import all the different .wfm files into different sequence steps on the arb

I find that steps 1) and 2) above happen very quickly, maybe a couple of seconds at most, while the last step takes minutes. Is there something silly that I'm doing here? Does anyone know a faster way to do this?

Thanks for any help!

-Michael

*Edit* - mistakenly wrote 10 Gbit lan!

Carl M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Time to import .wfm file - AWG5014c

Post by Carl M » August 20th, 2013, 10:36 am

how many samples are in your waveforms? how many sequences do you have? how many sequences do you use per test?
Tektronix Application Engineer

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”