Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AFG3021C connection issue

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
Christer

AFG3021C connection issue

Post by Christer » September 24th, 2013, 2:01 am

Hi,

I have some problems writing waveforms from ArbExpress to a AFG3021C via USB.
I have connected to the function generator with the AWG/AFG file transfer and Control application. I can control the AFG with the instrument control box. But, I can not drop a file to the AFG memory, I get a message that says "1605: Unable to write to the instrument". In Arbexpress, drawing a basic function and pushing the validate button, the pop-up box says the waveform is valid and can be transfered to the AFG3021C without any problems. But when doing so, I get the same message as with the AWG/AFG file transfer and Control application. With the open call choice monitor, I can see that there is some communication to the AFG,
"2013-09-24 10:55 58.542 0.0002s viWrite(0x611ec38, "Output1:State OFF", 17, 0x308ef98(17))"
But that is all. I have tried both with and without a USB-memory attached to the AFG.

Another strange thing is that when using the basic waveform in ArbExpress, I don't get any preview and the waveform is not created when pushing OK. I only get a blank waveform. Im using the ArbExpress AXW100 version 2.8 that was included with the AFG. However, I had to download TekVisa 4 from your website, with the version 3.x that came with the AFG I could even connect. I use Windows 7.

BR, Christer

Grant B
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: AFG3021C connection issue

Post by Grant B » September 30th, 2013, 10:35 am

As far as I know, ArbExpress v2.8 has severe bugs affecting most core functionality of the software. If I recall correctly it was completely removed from www.tek.com for this reason. It looks like v2.9 is the latest version available for download. I would try updating to the latest version to see if that helps.

http://www.tek.com/signal-generator/afg ... and-editin
Griz

Christer

Re: AFG3021C connection issue

Post by Christer » September 30th, 2013, 11:38 pm

That solved the problem, thanks!

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”