Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AFG3000 translate code into Python

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
muggle

AFG3000 translate code into Python

Post by muggle » November 26th, 2013, 2:55 pm

I'm trying to write a Python code that goes like Example 2 (section 4-4) in the AFG3000 manual. If I'm not mistaken, this generates a Gaussian wavepacket-type shape.

I want to produce a series of these waveforms for a specific duration with a specific period between individual waveforms (at say, 80MHz and maximum amplitude 5 V). Later on, I need to modify the maximum amplitude according to a function of time (say, cos(kt)). (Just note that I'm a beginner Python user, so I'm really in the deep end with all this coding :) )

I'm using AFG3252.

Chris B
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: AFG3000 translate code into Python

Post by Chris B » December 23rd, 2013, 7:56 am

I have a posted code example here of creating a waveform (with various length pulses) here:
http://www1.tek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4933

You an ignore all of the waveform creating part of the code, and put in what you need. The scaling of the waveform and transferring it you can probably leave as is. For the actual amplitude, and frequency that you play back the waveform, these you set that after the waveform is in EMEM on the AFG. Granted, you can send the SCPI commands to set that if needed (for example, you can set the frequency to play back, calculating it as needed based on the sample rate you need the waveform to play at vs. the number of points in your waveform)

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”