Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

AWG7102 LAN connection not stable and slow data transmission

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
cyklucifer

AWG7102 LAN connection not stable and slow data transmission

Post by cyklucifer » September 13th, 2014, 6:31 am

Dear all,

I encountered several problems when I want to communicate the AWG 7102 through my PC via VXI11.

1. Within the same local LAN network, my PC pings AWG with an average 70 ms delay, while the delay between my PC to another PC is <1ms.
2. The LAN connection in the task tray pop up unexpectedly "Speed 100 Mbps" and sometimes "Speed: 1Gbps".
3. When I copy a file from PC to the share folder of the AWG the speed is like 40kbps sometimes even drop to 20 kb/s.
4. When I try to communicate throught the tmtool in MATLAB, it shows "VISA error = Timeout expired before operation completed." I do type \n after each command.

I wonder if there is a problem in the AWG7102's network control card because that would be really a rare case.

Help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Lucieus.

Carl M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: AWG7102 LAN connection not stable and slow data transmission

Post by Carl M » September 16th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I'd like to reassure you that such behavior is atypical. I can get ~50 MB/s bulk file transfers with windows file sharing on a 1 Gbps connection when directly attached to my laptop. I also find vxi-11 to be the most robust remote instrument interface, AWG included. If you have already ruled out all external factors (e.g. cable, remote pc, host network, etc.) you should attempt an OS restore on your AWG to return the hard drive into a from factory state.
Tektronix Application Engineer

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”