Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

SCPI tests without instrument

Questions in this forum area are community supported. Tektronix does not regularly monitor or guarantee responses in this area.
Lazariev

SCPI tests without instrument

Post by Lazariev » October 7th, 2015, 2:16 am

I set up an AWG70k interface program on a local computer which has no AWG. I wanted to test waveform creation and it worked. The program simulates running, switching outputs on/off etc.
Now I want to test SCPI commands with it. However, LXI doesn't start telling that there is no instrument found (quite reasonable: it is just a PC).
So if there is a way to do tests of SCPI commands on a local PC without AWG?
Thanks.

Carl M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: SCPI tests without instrument

Post by Carl M » October 13th, 2015, 10:18 am

Lazariev wrote:The program simulates running, switching outputs on/off etc.
a dangerous assumption. it does not. there is no code to provide simulated feedback without the output board.
support for offline remote programmatic interface is possible but not supported by default. IIRC the awg software installer detects that it is a PC and not the instrument and does not install the VXI-11 server portion of TekVISA. the awg software does have it's own internal raw socket server which you could use but it is raw sockets, effectively the lack of a protocol.
Tektronix Application Engineer

Return to “Older and Obsolete Signal Sources”