Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Tektronix 3001 GPX(s) lost contact with internal module

TLA 6400, TLA7000 Series Logic Analyzers
dgille

Tektronix 3001 GPX(s) lost contact with internal module

Post by dgille » October 10th, 2014, 10:38 am

Hello all,
I have two 3001 GPX logic analyzers one with 32K of trace buffer and one with 8K. They do show their respective modules on the power-up inventory screen.
Currently both analyzers indicate that the modules are not being accessed.
The error message returned is "No modules are currently active".
Both analyzers have been stored / unplugged for some time and nothing else seems to be inoperative.

I'd like to understand how the module can be recognized on start-up and then seen as inactive by the system?
What must I do to get both modules/analyzers working again?

Thanks in advance,
dgille

dgille

Re: Tektronix 3001 GPX(s) lost contact with internal module

Post by dgille » October 28th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Hello,
It appears that this is a new issue to the group.
I'd be happy to provide more input for your consideration. Just let me know what data would help.

I've cycled the power multiple times with no change.

The Setup menu has lost the Module setup sub-menu and the execution control has no sub-menus.

Thanks in advance,
dgille

JNP3001

Post by JNP3001 » November 14th, 2014, 4:55 am

Mine has just done exactly the same thing after not being used for a while and it seems to be related to a corrupted clock/date due to a flat lithium battery.
I set the time & date (which was displaying xxx for the month) and turned the power off for just 1/2 sec, which was long enough to reboot it but not let the supply rails drop too much. On reboot the module set up menus had reappeared. Leaving the power turned off for longer would result in the problem reappearing. I checked the BR2325 lithium battery and it was 0V. Fitting a new one and setting the clock appears to have totally solved the problem.
Jonathan

dgille

Post by dgille » November 14th, 2014, 10:23 am

Jonathan
I'll attempt to do the same on mine. Will report my success.
Thank you,
dgile

dgille

Post by dgille » November 17th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Jonathan,
I replaced the internal coin cell (BR2325 with a generic 2032 which is a little bit smaller but works great! Thank you so much for this post!
I have a full set of photos and Tek's instructions for setting the time. Would be happy to post these but need a method to post the Zip file.
Please let me know if this site has such a upload area.

Best regards,
Dgille :D

dgille

Post by dgille » November 19th, 2014, 9:49 am

All interested,
The - files are Zip'd in the following FTP site:

ftps://xilent1.com

User = ftp40478167-1
Password = Fstx2014#

Best regards,
Dgille

HeyBen

Post by HeyBen » February 14th, 2018, 9:34 am

Hi There,
I know it's an old thread and an even older analyzer...but I still use it and just ran into the same problem. The ftp server doesn't seem to be - anymore, and I couldn't find anything else on the net.

I replaced the battery, but I don't seem to have any menu to set the date. Is there a special way to access it?

Thanks
Ben

hackwell

Post by hackwell » January 8th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Hi
the only resource i found is here : http://bukosek.si/hardware/collection/t ... 01gpx.html

seems to be what you are looking for. I successfully mounted the images in Linux but I can't give them a try as I haven't received my Ebay score mailbag yet ;) :D

Actually bought 3 prism 3002 (pretty the same as the 3001GPX) , one with 32GPX acquisition boards and two with 30MPX and... a DAS 9002 with ST506 HDD :? and a 5 " 1/4 floppy linked to a VT 100 9201T terminal ! Pure bliss !

The next step is to get all of em up and running.

Spent hours searching on the net for docs and software but they're quite hard to find unfortunately
So i'd like to scan and share all the docs and softs I'll get on a server somewhere...

Is Dgille still around ? If you are could you post a new link to your software zip ?

Return to “Logic Analyzers”