Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TLA Server Issues

TLA 6400, TLA7000 Series Logic Analyzers
rfdes

TLA Server Issues

Post by rfdes » May 25th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Has anyone had an issue running the TLA Server application?
I keep getting an error message:
'Cannot access\create TLA server; a software component may be missing'

No other helpful information. Tek support's only solution was to reinstall
the software, which I did but did not solve the problem. Anyone
experienced this same problem?

Thanks
Jim

rfdes

Re: TLA Server Issues

Post by rfdes » May 31st, 2011, 9:42 am

I solved my own question. It turns out that it is important to install the TLA application without the Tekvisa already installed. If TekVisa has never been installed prior to installing the TLA app, then the TLA server part is configured properly. It turns out that TekVisa was already residing on my machine *before* the TLA installation. Uninstalling TekVisa, then reinstalling TLA Ver 5.1 worked fine. All is working as it should.

Carl M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Carl M » June 13th, 2011, 4:23 pm

the TLA's use very specific version of TekVISA. because of this, the correct version of TekVISA is included with the TLA software.

I'm fairly certain of this but WCN is the logic analyzer expert.
Tektronix Application Engineer

pauls55

Post by pauls55 » June 21st, 2011, 7:38 pm

rfdes wrote:I solved my own question. It turns out that it is important to install the TLA application without the Tekvisa already installed. If TekVisa has never been installed prior to installing the TLA app, then the TLA server part is configured properly. It turns out that TekVisa was already residing on my machine *before* the TLA installation. Uninstalling TekVisa, then reinstalling TLA Ver 5.1 worked fine. All is working as it should.
I'm about to ask the same problem and noticed to already solved it. So when I tried what you've done to reinstall first the TekVisa and Install the TLA server and puff! It works like magic.

Kudos to you Jim :D Thanks a bunch!

emmajohan

Post by emmajohan » October 28th, 2021, 12:39 am

Carters Coupon Code is the best way to avail discounts on Carter's store shopping, there are lots of items on which you can avail the discount, amazing offers so visit the store by clicking the button and Save your Pocket now!

Return to “Logic Analyzers”