Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TekScope Utility Bug Reports

Vic_Lai

Re: TekScope Utility Bug Reports

Post by Vic_Lai » January 13th, 2021, 11:19 pm

Hi Dave,
thanks for sharing the latest tekscope utility, but where is the button of "hardcopy", "getdata", etc. on v1.3.0.0 tekscope utility? :?: :?:

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » January 14th, 2021, 9:01 am

Hi Vic_Lai,

Well that certainly is strange. Based on the screenshot you have taken I'm guessing by how the fonts in the title bars look that you are running on a display that has Windows DPI scaling set to something other than 100%. In version 1.3.0 there has been a lot of work under the hood to modularize the code and put the contents of each tab into their own .cs code files (prior to this everything on the UI was all in one and it was BIG!). It appears that the changes are not playing well with Windows DPI scaling. I will need to do some investigation to figure out how to remedy this.

In the meantime, assuming this is a Windows DPI scaling issue, this issue should resolve itself if you change you display scaling to 100%. Otherwise, if you do not need any of the updates/fixes adding in 1.3.0, please continue to use the previously released version until I have identified a fix.

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » January 22nd, 2021, 11:46 am

Hi Vic_Lai,

I have posted a new hotfix release 1.3.1. While this release was not primarily intended to correct the issue you were having with the button being missing, I noticed that when I checked in my code, the Visual Studio UI designer seemed to have updated some of the auto-generated code. Based on the changes I saw, I think this may correct the issue you are having.

Please head back over to the main thread and download the new release.

ginooolu

Post by ginooolu » August 31st, 2021, 8:06 pm

Hi Dave,
Thank you and your program.
I got the button missing issue as Vic_Lai found. I've updated the utility to 1.3.3.2. (same result on 1.3.2)
My windows scaling is 100%.
Is there a other checking item?
Attachments
Desktop.png
Desktop.png (71.06 KiB) Viewed 93 times

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » September 14th, 2021, 5:11 pm

Hi Ginooolu,

DPI scaling can definitely cause an issue (that said I think I fixed the code where DPI scaling was causing a problem), but I believe that the system fonts also creates an issue as well. I was digging through some documentation from Microsoft about Windows Forms and Autoscaling and found that there are some properties associated with the font. It seems that autoscale will try to adjust the size of the Windows Forms elements based on the font that is used. Since your system font is different from what I developed with, I think this may be where the issue is being introduced. Looking at the screenshot you included, the font in your Title bar and Menu bar looks bigger than normal and this might be taking up some of the space on the Form where the controls are supposed to be and pushing everything down.

That said, I still need to investigate if this is indeed where the issue is coming from and how to fix it.

chandupa

Post by chandupa » September 16th, 2021, 5:55 am

having trouble fetching the waveform MSO56 scope. It is stuck at 5% laoding and gives error "communication is timed out after sometime"
I am using this on windows 10 OS, Tek scope utility 1.3.2.

Can any one suggest how to resolve this?
Attachments
2021-09-16 08_52_17-Window.png
communication time out
2021-09-16 08_52_17-Window.png (100.53 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Return to “Programming Support”