Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

TekScope Utility Support

bfa001

Re: TekScope Utility Support

Post by bfa001 » June 24th, 2021, 7:02 am

TekScope version is 1.32.2.828

Thank you for this tool, which we are using for older Isolated 4-channel 200MHz oscilloscope Tektronix TPS 2024 still in use.

Unfortunately, it seems that loading CSV files within the "File > Recall" does not work all the time.

Sometimes, no display is available - though the data is loaded.
No matter the time base settings from minimum to maximum.

The data is loaded as a "Save All" to CSV produces a proper CSV file - but no waveforms visible on screen.

Samples of the invisible waveform are attached.

Please advise of a solution - as this is blocking the usage of the TPS 2024 with a PC
Attachments
F0017CH4.CSV
Waveform invisible when loaded into TekScope 1.32.2.828
(73.56 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
F0017CH2.CSV
Waveform invisible when loaded into TekScope 1.32.2.828
(73.56 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Barzakk

Post by Barzakk » June 25th, 2021, 2:46 am

Hello Dave, thank you for this software, I am running out of working floppy disks to use with my TDS 3032. I do have a problem getting proper waveforms from the oscilloscope, the .csv file shows 0 in all the fields for time, CH1, and CH2. I see in the .nitrace file that it reads characters that seem out of place, but I don't know what to do with it. And it happens both when just getting the waveform and when using the data logger. I will send you the .nitrace file and .csv file once I am authorized to do so.

I am using:
TDS 3032 version 3.35
Tekscope utility 1.3.2.0
Connected with a RS323 to USB adapter

bfa001

Post by bfa001 » July 7th, 2021, 12:12 am

Ref. CSV Files not displaying in TekScope - Explanation and Solution - TekScope version is 1.32.2.828

The TekScope cannot scale properly the screen with a small time base (250ns) and a much longer trigger (3.3ms).

The invisible data is hidden in a small vertical bar - due to the small time base versus a 1,000-times longer Trigger.
For having the waveform displayed - the vertical bar must be zoomed many times in order to be visible.

There is no possibility to change the CSV header, as the all timing need shifting also.

The best solution is to zoom on the barely visible vertical bar appearing at first in Tekscope software.
Attachments
Tek00017_Vertical Bar.png
Tek00017_Vertical Bar.png (104.57 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Tek00017_Vertical Bar - Zoomed IN.png
Tek00017_Vertical Bar - Zoomed IN.png (76.75 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » July 9th, 2021, 12:22 pm

Hi bfa001. This thread is the support for TekScope Utility, but your question seems related to TekScope PC Analysis software.

https://www.tek.com/datasheet/tekscope- ... re-anytime

If you are using TekScope Utility to fetch waveforms from your scope, save them to .CSV and then load them into TekScope PC Analysis software, I must forewarn you that TekScope Utility makes no claims to generate .csv files that are compatible with TekScope PC Analysis software and you may need to modify these CSV files manually to make them compatible.

If you are having issues with TekScope PC Analysis software I would recommend getting int contact with Tektronix Technical support at [email protected]

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » July 9th, 2021, 12:27 pm

Barzakk wrote:
June 25th, 2021, 2:46 am
Hello Dave, thank you for this software, I am running out of working floppy disks to use with my TDS 3032. I do have a problem getting proper waveforms from the oscilloscope, the .csv file shows 0 in all the fields for time, CH1, and CH2. I see in the .nitrace file that it reads characters that seem out of place, but I don't know what to do with it. And it happens both when just getting the waveform and when using the data logger. I will send you the .nitrace file and .csv file once I am authorized to do so.

I am using:
TDS 3032 version 3.35
Tekscope utility 1.3.2.0
Connected with a RS323 to USB adapter
Hi Barzakk. Yes please send me the .nitrace file and I will take a look at it. RS-232 connections have always been tricky to program around. It seems like there are several odd scenarios with them that cause them to output an extra character or something. The other thing I'd try is just make sure that your Serial settings on the Scope and in TekScope Utility match including any Flow Control settings.

Barzakk

Post by Barzakk » July 28th, 2021, 1:12 am

Yes, I would send you the files, but when I go to compose message I get this "We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature." I am not sure what is required to get authorized, and I don't really want to spam the forum to do it.

Don't know if this information helps, but I actually tried using the Open Choice Desktop program also, and it managed to collect the data when it was just static. But when I had a waveform to collect, it got the data from channel 1 just fine. While the data from channel 2 was only good until the first peak, and after that it was only zeros.

nandha995

Post by nandha995 » September 3rd, 2021, 11:38 pm

Hi dave,

Thanks a lot for this application. It works perfectly with our DPO3054 scopes. However, I seen to have problems connection to the DPO7104 and DPO5104 scopes. I am attaching the error message on connection. On further checking, the instrument does not respond to even a *IDN? query. Can I get help regarding this here.
img_20210903.png
img_20210903.png (86.54 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Thanks and regards
Nandha

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » September 14th, 2021, 5:05 pm

Hi Nandha,

Based on the image you included, it looks like you are trying to run TekScope Utility on a computer that does not have a VISA layer installed that supports VISA.NET. If you are running this on the scope itself, the TekVISA that is installed on the scope does not have this support. Also, if you are running TekScope Utility on the scope, I do not recommend trying to install a second VISA on it that does support VISA.NET as this will likely cause a VISA conflict and break remote connectivity to the scope, possibly requiring an OS restore to fix.

If you are running TekScope Utility on a PC, then you will need to install a VISA layer that supports VISA.NET on that PC. Generally I recommend using NI-VISA.

Best regards,

Dave

IrisWu

Post by IrisWu » October 11th, 2021, 5:58 pm

Can not find the instrument. It shows operation time out.
I connect my DPO7104 to my PC by GPIB, and I can find it at Keysight Connection Expert, so the connection is well. But cant find it at Tekscope Utility.
I also try to connect by RS232, no work.
connect.png
connect.png (87.09 KiB) Viewed 202 times

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » October 19th, 2021, 10:57 am

Hi IrisWu. Really hard for me to say what is going on there. I've only ever tested the application using NI-VISA.

You could try deleting the copy of Ivi.VISA.dll that is included in the download and then try running it. It should then attempt to use whatever copy of that dll that was included with the version of VISA you have installed. Maybe that will do the trick for you?

Manolito43

Post by Manolito43 » November 9th, 2021, 4:59 am

Dear All!

I got a new Tektronix oscilloscope (TPS2024B) and I want to use it with the TekScope Utility.
I have already installed:-
- TekVisa installed.
- NI Visa as well
- The latest .NET framework
-FTDI drives and scope drivers are installed

But i get the following message still: "No vendor-specific VISA .NET implementation is installed"

Moreover, if I open the "OpenChoice Instrument Manager" I can see the scope there.

Could you help me to solve this issue? Thanks!

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by Dave W » November 10th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Manolito43 wrote:
November 9th, 2021, 4:59 am
Dear All!

I got a new Tektronix oscilloscope (TPS2024B) and I want to use it with the TekScope Utility.
I have already installed:-
- TekVisa installed.
- NI Visa as well
- The latest .NET framework
-FTDI drives and scope drivers are installed

But i get the following message still: "No vendor-specific VISA .NET implementation is installed"

Moreover, if I open the "OpenChoice Instrument Manager" I can see the scope there.

Could you help me to solve this issue? Thanks!
Hi Manolito. Hmm... doesn't sound like the copy of NI-VISA you installed installed VISA.NET support with it. Not sure what version of NI-VISA you installed, but the download at the following URL should include VISA.NET support.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downlo ... tml#409839

Also, as an FYI, you do not need TekVISA. In fact it is actually probably better if you do not also have TekVISA installed because having multiple VISAs installed, while it can work, is more prone to issues. TekVISA does not support VISA.NET so it will not be used by TekScope Utility.

Return to “Programming Support”