Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2711 don´t work

Joachim

2711 don´t work

Post by Joachim » January 16th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Hi, I´m new in this group and I hope somebody can help me with the problem I have with my 2711 spectrum analyzer.
When I turn on the analyzer all the leds go on and then they turn off as it did all the time. The screen shows the frequency (900MHz) and the span and ref level and other information.
The difference of normal operation is, that even when I press a pushbutton nothing change on the screen. It is completely frozen and there is no sweep. Only the time and the date changes and shows the real time.
With my scope I can see a pulse when I press a pushbutton on the pins labeled DATAI but no response on the pins DATAO of the connectors of the power supply board.
I have the service manual on a CD and I could see the clock frequency of U360. Also there are signals on the microprocessor test connector (AD1,AD2,AD3,etc).
Can somebody give me an idea how can I make my analyzer work again, to unfreeze it ? That would be great.
Thank you.
Joachim TI8JLH

nctnico

Re: 2711 don´t work

Post by nctnico » January 19th, 2012, 7:55 am

Did you find this thread?
http://www.edaboard.com/thread17974-2.html
If you create an account on edaboard you can also see the attachments. AFAIK there is a PLD in the 271x spectrum analyzers which often fails. Someone posted diagrams on edaboard on how to fix this using standard chips.

Joachim

Re: 2711 don´t work

Post by Joachim » January 19th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Thank you nctnico.
I will do inmediately.

Return to “Programming Support”