Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

WFM 601A configuration error

cybman

WFM 601A configuration error

Post by cybman » September 3rd, 2015, 10:59 am

hello,

we have an old Tektronix WFM 601A. It works...and works...and works.. :-)
After our 5 weeks summer break, we switch the WFM 601A on and it displays " configuration error....please contact Tektronix Service".
A colleague told me, that their is a certain button combination for it, but he cannot remembert it anymore.
We don't find any help in the service manual or in the www

Anyone had an idea?

thanks a lot

young television guy

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: WFM 601A configuration error

Post by David N » October 22nd, 2015, 12:09 pm

It could be that the data in the NVRAM became corrupted. You could try a clear routine first to see if that resolves the error. Hold down the "Clear Menu" button and the "Waveform" button at the same time and power on the unit. Keep the buttons held down until the unit comes up.

If that does not resolve the error, the NVRAM (which has an internal battery) may need replacement.

abdessemedl

Post by abdessemedl » December 21st, 2016, 2:35 am

Hi,
I have the same problem on my Waveform WFM 601 A
I want to replace the battery but I couldn't find it...
Could you tell me please on which board I can find it ?

Thanks

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by David N » January 3rd, 2017, 10:05 am

The battery and NVRAM is contained in one IC package. It is listed in the service manual as A3U14 156-4435-00; however, this p/n is no longer available from Tektronix. Note: When changing this IC, the instrument will need reconfiguration and calibration. The software for performing this was only available in the printed versions of the service manual – 070983605, which is no longer in stock.

Return to “Programming Support”