Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Needs to be reset after each command

Jaspan

Needs to be reset after each command

Post by Jaspan » July 5th, 2016, 9:29 am

I am using the DPO 2024B to convert ASCII data into RIB Binary. Every time a command is entered in C, it hangs indefinitely and has to be reset, by un-plugging and re-plugging the USB.
Any explanation?
Thanks
Adam

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Needs to be reset after each command

Post by David N » July 5th, 2016, 10:19 am

See post viewtopic.php?t=137065 for some tips that may help.

Jaspan

Post by Jaspan » July 6th, 2016, 8:59 am

Thanks, this is helpful, although i think my issue may be due to a complication with other scopes on the network.
Is their any code for re-setting the scope, instead of needing to repeatedly un-plug and re-plug the usb?

David N
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Post by David N » July 6th, 2016, 9:30 am

You could try sending *RST (reset) command. What I suspect is that something is causing the controlling PC to lose the USB connection to the scope. Then when subsequent commands are being sent to the scope, the PC USB controller does not recognize it until you unplug and re-insert the scopes USB cable. Re-inserting the scope USB to the PC causes the PC USB controller to re-enumerate the USB port.

Return to “Programming Support”