Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Acquisition of all channels from oscilloscope

violem

Acquisition of all channels from oscilloscope

Post by violem » February 23rd, 2017, 2:43 am

Hi, I am working at a Visual C++ routine to acquire the traces from all the 4 channels of my oscilloscope DPO 70404C. The script runs on the oscilloscope as virtual gpib.

What I did so far is creating a MFC dialog based application that gets the curve from just ONE channel, read the stored array from ref memory and write it in a txt file.
The function that i used to read the waveform is basically the same (with some small modifications) as in FORMATIO.CPP programming example in the Tektronix Programmer manual.

My question is:
which is the best way to loop the same function to retrieve the curve on the 4 channels?
Thanl you very much

w2aew
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Acquisition of all channels from oscilloscope

Post by w2aew » February 23rd, 2017, 11:36 am

My colleague that does a lot of programming for the scopes suggests that you simply encapsulate your code that grabs one channel into a function that you can pass a parameter (channel number) to, then simply call this function four times - once for each channel.

violem

Re: Acquisition of all channels from oscilloscope

Post by violem » February 28th, 2017, 5:43 am

Thanks a lot for your hint,
Cheers

Return to “Programming Support”