Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Get SRQ with a signal trigger

christoph33

Get SRQ with a signal trigger

Post by christoph33 » August 31st, 2017, 8:20 am

I have the DPO5034 oscilloscope in "Normal" trigger mode and sometimes a signal triggers. How can I get an event over the gpib-bus with VISA?
I only found examples for the measure complete event (*OPC?), but internal triggers are not registered?
Regards
Chris

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Get SRQ with a signal trigger

Post by Dave W » September 6th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Hi christoph33,

Your best bet for doing this would be to look in the Programmer's Manual for your scope. You can download a copy from the following URL.

https://www.tek.com/oscilloscope/dpo700 ... -manual-31

Specifically you'll want to look at the Status and Events section of the manual which starts on page 1221 of the PDF linked above. This section provides the information you need to configure the status model to generate a service request.

Carl M
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Get SRQ with a signal trigger

Post by Carl M » September 6th, 2017, 5:23 pm

please note that the operation complete bit is only set with single shot acquisitions. SRQ will not occur if the operation complete bit does not get set.
Tektronix Application Engineer

Return to “Programming Support”